The National College Football Awards association is proud to present its national players of the week from 12 of its member awards for the weekend of Sept. 9.
This marks the first season the NCFAA has streamlined the process to release each of these weekly honors each week. Going forward, NCFAA players of the week will be announced each Tuesday at Noon ET through the remainder of the regular season.
In all, 15 total players are honored this week with defensive teammates from Washington State (Jaden Hicks and Ron Stone Jr.) and Texas QB Quinn Ewers was honored by three awards after the Longhorns won at Alabama.
Following are the NCFAA National Players of the Week:
- Bednarik Award: Jaden Hicks, Washington State (S)
- Bronko Nagurski Trophy: Ron Stone Jr., Washington State (EDGE)
- Davey O'Brien Award: Quinn Ewers, Texas
- Doak Walker Award: Omarion Hampton, North Carolina
- John Mackey Award: Ja’Tavion Sanders, Texas
- Lou Groza Award: Colton Boomer, UCF; Caden Davis, Ole Miss; Camden Lewis, Oregon
- Maxwell Award: Quinn Ewers, Texas (QB)
- Outland Trophy: Anez Cooper, Miami (G)
- Paul Hornung Award: Braden Smith, Cincinnati (WR/RS)
- Paycom Jim Thorpe Award: Alex Johnson, UCLA (Nickel)
- Ray Guy Award: James Burnip, Alabama
- Walter Camp Award: Quinn Ewers, Texas (QB); Danny Stutsman, Oklahoma (LB)
Founded in 1997, the National College Football Awards Association includes college football’s most prestigious awards and its 24 awards have honored more than 900 recipients dating back to 1935. This season, 12 NCFAA awards will honor national players of the week each Tuesday. For more information about the NCFAA and its award programs, visit the redesigned NCFAA.org or follow on X at @NCFAA.