The National College Football Awards association is proud to present its national players of the week from 12 of its member awards for the weekend of Oct. 28.
This marks the first season the NCFAA has streamlined the process to release each of these weekly honors each week. Going forward, NCFAA players of the week will be announced each Tuesday at Noon ET through the remainder of the regular season.
In all, 12 total players are honored this week led by Georgia Tech quarterback Haynes King, Oklahoma State running back Ollie Gordon II and Notre Dame safety Xavier Watts
Following are the NCFAA National Players of the Week:
- Bednarik Award (Defensive Player): Edgerrin Cooper, Texas A&M (LB)
- Bronko Nagurski Trophy (Defensive Player): Xavier Watts, Notre Dame (S)
- Davey O’Brien Award (Quarterback): Haynes King, Georgia Tech
- Doak Walker Award (Running Back): Ollie Gordon II, Oklahoma State
- John Mackey Award (Tight End): Jack Veiling, Oregon State
- Lou Groza Award (Kicker): Andres Borregales, Miami; John Love, Virginia Tech; Brandon Talton, Nevada
- Maxwell Award (Overall Player): Ollie Gordon II, Oklahoma State (RB)
- Outland Trophy (Interior Lineman): Leif Fautanu, Arizona State (C)
- Paul Hornung Award (All-Purpose Player): Cameron Skattebo, Arizona State
- Paycom Jim Thorpe Award (Defensive Back): Xavier Watts, Notre Dame (S)
- Ray Guy Award (Punter): James Ferguson-Reynolds, Boise State
- Walter Camp Award (Overall Player): Offense: Haynes King, Georgia Tech (QB); Defense: Jalen Green, James Madison (DE)
Founded in 1997, the National College Football Awards Association includes college football’s most prestigious awards and its 24 awards have honored more than 900 recipients dating back to 1935. This season, 12 NCFAA awards will honor national players of the week each Tuesday. For more information about the NCFAA and its award programs, visit the redesigned NCFAA.org or follow on X at @NCFAA.